ESTATE PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION
Oakley Thompson & Co has extensive experience in and intimate knowledge of estate planning practices within Victoria and other jurisdictions. Our lawyers can assist executors/administrators to apply for probate of wills/administration of estates and the firm's probate lawyers possess significant experience in administering deceased estates.
We also offer advice to clients on both simple and complex estate planning and the consequent drafting of wills, powers of attorney and other related documents such as family discretionary trusts and other trusts. Our lawyers possess highly-regarded drafting skills, enabling them to properly provide for clients' wishes both during their lifetime and afterwards.
In particular, the firm is widely recognised for its drafting of testamentary discretionary trusts and can assist clients in this often highly sensitive area with the utmost diligence.
Our estate planning and administration expertise includes:
- estate planning
- business succession
- estate accounting and probate/administration applications
- estate taxation
- estate administration and the subsequent distribution of estate assets
- all types of estate litigation including the defence of wills and claims against estates
- will drafting and amendments
- testamentary trusts (including testamentary discretionary trusts)
- discretionary and fixed trusts
- powers of attorney advice and drafting